Back-to-school season can be a bonanza for marketers, especially when they’re targeting college students. These young adults fall within a narrow demographic, and they have particular, well-documented spending habits.
As marketers and advertisers shift budgets from traditional channels to mobile apps with high traffic, companies that offer attractive mobile solutions are set up to benefit greatly. When they pair demographics with contextual, location-based data – in this case, the college campus boundary – mobile marketers and advertisers have a unique opportunity to stand out by sending relevant, real-time messaging to this sought-after population.
College students make a fruitful target for mobile marketers. Here’s why:
- Those attending college are especially likely to use a mobile device: they spend between 45 minutes and 3.6 hours a day on either their smartphone (70%) or tablet (36%). (Source)
- College students buy impressive amounts of school supplies, clothes, and electronics, spending $417 billion annually. 21% of those purchases are made online. (Source)
- These students are budget conscious, which means they respond well to discounts and coupons. (Source)
- Perhaps more than any other population, college students gather in a particular location – a campus – on a highly regular basis, making it easier for mobile marketers to craft compelling, relevant messaging and connect in real time.
Maponics Social Places Features College Campus Boundaries
Maponics Social Places™ enables mobile marketers to reach audiences where they live, work, play, and travel. Our predefined geofences cover the entire destination, including parking lots, and exclude nearby locations such as residences and other business. This helps marketers reach consumers as they enter a shopping area or college campus, and ensures that they omit potential buyers who are actually at a house across the street or otherwise outside the destination.
The College Campus layer within Maponics Social Places provides geofences for 4-year colleges with enrollment over 2,000 students and 2-year colleges with enrollment over 10,000 students across the US and Canada.
Customers who license Maponics College Campus geofences can identify when this important demographic is on or off campus. This means they can:
- send targeted promotions, discounts, and other offers to students based on their location
- track and analyze the engagement rate of students as they travel to and from campus
Mobile marketing and advertising using geofences lead to click-through rates 10x higher than standard email. The benefit of this type of localized intelligence can have a significant impact on your bottom line.
If you think your mobile marketing strategy can benefit from Maponics College Campus geofences, contact us today.